Please make sure your student completes and submits this permission slip to the counseling center.
The goal of the Challenge Day program is to build community and to help end the teasing, harassment and alienation that are so deeply a part of the high school experience for millions of teenagers every day. Challenge Day is a powerful and transformational day that can change the way people view each other forever. It is a day of fun, friendship, and new possibilities. This Challenge Day is for all grade levels.
Please Note: Administration and Staff encourages and supports student attendance and will not penalize students for the missed day of class.
When: Tues (11/12), Wednesday (11/13), Thursday (11/14), or Friday (11/15)
- Students will be assigned to one of the above dates based on 1-3-5-7 or 2-3-4-6 choice indicated on permission slip on the back and they will be notified of their day at least a week prior to the event.
- Returning students are encouraged to serve as “Student Leaders”
Time: 7:45am – 2:30pm
- You MUST arrive on time and be able to stay the ENTIRE time, late arrivals will lose their spot to student on waitlist
- Student Leaders must arrive at 7:15am
Where: TPHS Gymnasium
ADULTS/PARENTS are needed for the program to run. Parent/guardian/family members are highly encouraged to participate. There are two ways you can help be the change:
- Adult role models and small group facilitators (25 per day from 7:15am-3pm) OR
- Registration Volunteers for morning check-in (4-6 per day from 7am-8am)
Your help and/ or participation is much needed and appreciated. We have set up a calendar for you to easily sign up and share: https://signup.com/go/dPATNTC
- ADULT VOLUNTEERS MUST be available from 7:15 am-3:00 pm; you cannot leave early or arrive late! This is a tremendous help for the students and an incredible opportunity.
- REGISTRATION VOLUNTEERS, will support the morning check-in from 7am to 8:30am.
CLICK TO DOWNLOAD THE PERMISSION SLIP – Fill it out and have your student return it to the Foundation Front Desk at Readiness Day, or at the counseling center.